- Collection Analysis Tools
- De-selection Resources
- Genre Help
- Legislator Contacts
- Lesson Plans for Books
- Listservs or Discussion Groups
- Marketing Tools
- Nonfiction Authors with Authority
- Position Statements
- Primary Resources Websites
- Professional Journals
- Professional Organizations
- Professional Websites
- Retrospective Tools and Best Lists
- Review Sources
- Sample Policies and Procedures
- Sample Policies and Procedures for Collections
- School Librarian Jobs
- School Library Web Pages
- .Follett Titlewave A library can upload their marc records to this website and it will help them track duplilcates as well as find weaknesses in the collection. There are many reviews on most titles including School Library Journal, Book Horn, and VOYA. Also grade level, interest level, and ATOS levels are noted. Follett also has links to popular titles and titles labled as hi-low for struggling and reluctant readers.
- Children's Plus, Inc. This book jobber boasts excellent book bindings that meet the specifications of the Library Binding Institue. They will, like Follett, upload a collection's records so that collection reports can show weaknesses and strengths.
- Bound to Stay Bound (BTSB)
Their books are said to be bound with strict standards that make them last longer than other editions. Their superior quality makes them last through continual checkouts. They also offer collection analysis if one uploads their marc records to their website.
(member of MEC)
- Mackin boasts of being the largest supplier of age-appropriate PK-12 titles. They offer over 15,000 publishers. Collection analysis and processing are offered at no additional cost. They also offer a tab with a short list of booktalks. Each book also has a few suggestions for other books to read that are similar.
- Baker and Taylor is the number one book supplier to schools and libraries. They offer a comprehensive collection of physical and digital titles and value-added services. They also offer a free automatic notification service of new titles that are appropriate for the library's students. The offer their own book-binding guarantee with their books called, Paw Prints.
(member of MEC)
- Perma Bound - They promise a guaranteed binding with their patented binding process. Their online sight also manages a library's collection by match exact, partial, or no matches. (Member of MEC)
- Demco- They sell all library supplies including furniture. They offer 100% satisfaction guarantee. They also offer web specials online.
(member of MEC)
- Brodart - This company sells library supplies including furniture and digital equipment. They have product reviews on this website. The public library in our area uses their covering for paperback books. (Member of MEC)
- The Library Store, Inc. This company appears to be like most other supply companies. A local librarian recommends their covering for paperback books. (Member of MEC)
- Library Video Company- The leading distributor for educational, DVDs, videos, and audio books. There are thousands of titles for all age groups and they have been deemed appropriate for classrooms.
Book Subscription Service
- Junior Library Guild- A subscription service that sends books periodically that are in the categories chosen previously by the librarian. The JLG offers processing, free shipping, and high quality titles including award winners. The average cost of each book is $13.25.